The San Juan Island Library offers a variety of classes and resources to help people with technological learning, including drop-in Tech Tuesdays, and scheduled classes and workshops.
You can bring in your own device to access our free WiFi and also print via our mobile printing enabled network. Please ask staff if you have any questions.
The Library offers 16 in-house pcs with the following capabilities:
- High-speed Internet access for web browsing and web email
- MS Office- word processing, spreadsheet, publication and presentation applications
- Online databases
- Catalog & interlibrary loan searching
- High quality laser printing at $.10 / page
These computers are divided into three basic categories:
- 8 PC desktop computers available for 30 minute sessions.
- 4 teen computers in the YA section. These are only to be used by children and their caregivers.
- 4 children’s computers in the children’s area. These are only to be used by children and their caregivers.
General Public Computer Rules:
- The Library Rules of Conduct apply- please do not disturb others while using library computers.
- Users with reservations have a 5 minute grace period to begin their session before their slot is forfeited. The session length will not be extended due to late arrival.
- Reservations can be made at the self service kiosk near the printer.
- Only one reservation can be made at a time.
Tech Tuesdays: Free help with technology issues
Every Tuesday, from 10 am to 12 noon.
Technology getting you down? Get help with smartphones, laptops, tablets and eReaders. Skilled volunteers can show you how to accomplish your goals.