- This event has passed.
Registration for Junior Ranger’s Club @ the Library Begins Monday, August 28 @ 10 AM
August 28 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration begins on Monday, August 28 at 10 AM at the Library for the Junior Ranger’s Club sponsored by the San Juan Island National Historical Park Service, San Juan Island Library and San Juan Island Family Nature Club.
Call 360-378-2798 or stop by the San Juan Island Library to register.
- What is this club?
- For students in grades 3 – 5 who want to learn more about the Park Service and the great outdoors. The Junior Ranger‘s Club is meeting this September and October. Prior registration is required as space is limited for this free enrichment program.
- Where will the club meet?
- The club will meet in the Meeting Room of the San Juan Island Library on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15-4:15 PM for 4 weeks and four select Saturday exploration outings with all materials and transportation provided.
- Weekly Themes:
- Week 1: National Parks
- Week 2: Bird Detectives
- Week 3: Junior Geologists
- Week 4: Pioneer Skills
- Meeting Days at the Library from 3:15 to 4:15 PM:
- September 5, 7, 19, 21
- October 3, 5, 17, 19
- Saturday Exploration Days
- September 9 -National Park 51st Birthday Bash
- September 23-Birding and Identification
- October 7-Geological Hike
- October 21-Make Your Own Apple Cider with Historic Regional Apples
- Transportation provided to and from the Library to site locations.